Dr. Raj Kasthuri, Director, UNC Chapel Hill HHT Center of Excellence and Dr. Hanny Al-Samkari, Associate Director, Massachusetts General Hospital HHT Center of Excellence discuss anemia and iron deficiency as it relates to HHT. Both doctors are renowned hematologists and will walk the audience through a comprehensive overview of what an anemia diagnosis means for HHT patients and the various treatment options available. Learn how to use the “My Anemia Care Checklist” for Anemia and Anticoagulation in HHT (also available in our Comprehensive Guide to Managing Your HHT booklet – copies available by request to Cure HHT) to ensure that you and your family members are receiving the best possible care for HHT. With 50% of the HHT population affected by anemia and iron deficiency, you don’t want to miss this informative educational event in managing this troublesome manifestation of HHT. This one-hour FREE Webinar features 40 minutes of physician presentations immediately followed by an additional 20-minute Q&A session.
NOTE: Due to technical difficulties, there is no sound the first 2 minutes of the recording.
Key points From Webinar:
- Anemia due to iron deficiency is common in HHT
- Iron deficiency without anemia can be symptomatic
- All HHT patients should be screened for iron deficiency and anemia regularly
- Aggressive correction of iron deficiency improves quality of life in people with HHT
- Be familiar with the HHT treatment guidelines and share them with your medical providers