The team presenting tonight consists of Dr. Faughnan who has been working with HHT patients for almost 20 years and is the director of the HHT program. Ronalee Roberts, team dietician; Rose Pantalone, HHT clinic nurse; and Zhenxiu Cheng, a nurse in the Medical Day Care where patients receive their iron.
Join this team of experts from the HHT Center of Excellence at the University of Toronto/St. Michael's Hospital for a discussion of iron deficiency anemia in HHT. Learn how to “pump iron” with the right diet, medications and treatments.
- Causes of anemia
- Ways to increase iron supply
- How to get the most out of the iron in your diet
- Iron treatments and side effects
- What are the risks/benefits of iron supplements and iron infusion
- Handout - Pumping Iron in HHT
- SHARE this information and webinar link with your family members affected by HHT
Cure HHT is the cornerstone of the HHT community, advancing one common hope - to give those affected by HHT a chance for a normal life. This webinar series is just one of many ways we accomplish this mission. Beginning in May, Cure HHT members will have access to unlimited webinars, discounted conference registration and much more. Please consider joining or renewing your Cure HHT membership so that you can participate in all activities within the HHT community.