Dr. Els Maria de Gussem is an HHT clinician in the Respirology Division at Grace Hospital, University of Manitoba in Canada. She has dedicated her career to developing an expertise in HHT, both in clinical care and research. Dr. de Gussem has performed a study on the influence of pregnancy in HHT along with studies on quality of life and life expectancy in HHT. She received the Robert I. White Young Clinician Award in 2009 for her clinical compassion and dedication to improving HHT care.
Join HHT Physician Dr. de Gussem for an in-depth look at the effects of HHT on the changing female body. She will discuss the impact of birth control, pregnancy and menopause as well as recommended management or treatment options for women with HHT.
- Hormonal changes in women through puberty, pregnancy and menopause.
- Pregnancy complications, prevention of complications, and recommended management during pregnancy in women with HHT
- Birth control in women with HHT
- Post-menopausal management of HHT-related symptoms and complications
- HHT and Pregnancy handout and Website links provided in the webinar
- SHARE this information and webinar link with your family members affected by HHT
Cure HHT is the cornerstone of the HHT community, advancing one common hope - to give those affected by HHT a chance for a normal life. This webinar series is just one of many ways we accomplish this mission. If you found value in this information, please consider making a donation NOW to keep this initiative moving forward. It is through the generosity of our donors that we can continue to provide this valuable education to the HHT community.
(Please write "webinar" in comment section of donation form)