Dr. Chakinala is an Associate Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine and is Director of the Pulmonary Hypertension Care Center and Co-Director of the HHT Center at Washington University. He is board certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine, and Critical Care Medicine. Dr. Chakinala is a member of the Scientific Leadership Council of the Pulmonary Hypertension Association, chair-elect of the Pulmonary Hypertension Care Centers Oversight Committee, and member of the Cure HHT’s Global Research Medical Advisory Board. His interests include clinical management and clinical research in the areas of pulmonary hypertension, pulmonary arterio-venous malformations, pulmonary thrombo-embolic diseases, and end-stage lung diseases.
Join Dr. Murali Chakinala to learn about the dots connecting HHT and Pulmonary Hypertension. He discussed how HHT can cause PH, how the combinations of these diseases affect a patient and what treatment options are available.
- Explanation of the circulatory system (heart) and respiratory system (lungs) and how both systems work together
- Definition of Pulmonary Hypertension (PH)
- Illustrate two types of PH in HHT - what are they, how are they caused, what treatment options are available?
- High Output Heart Failure (HOHF)
- Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH)
- HHT and PH handouts
- SHARE this information and webinar link with your family members affected by HHT
Cure HHT is the cornerstone of the HHT community, advancing one common hope - to give those affected by HHT a chance for a normal life. This webinar series is just one of many ways we accomplish this mission. If you found value in this information, please consider making a donation NOW to keep this initiative moving forward. It is through the generosity of our donors that we can continue to provide this valuable education to the HHT community.
(Please write "webinar" in comment section of donation form)